CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

May 26, 2009

marriage 101:

A praying woman...
In any relationship someone needs to be grounded at all times. Our spouses tend to think they are the grounded ones because they don't shop as often or wear their emotions on their sleeves. Being grounded has nothing to do with the physical, emotional or mental sense of the word. It has everything to do with the fact that the woman, whether she wants to be or not, is the backbone of the family from the moment she says 'I do'. Yes! this is a large role to partake in but with faith and prayer anything is possible. Instead of praying for your needs, you find yourself praying for the needs of those in your family and asking for the strength to be able to provide them. I was told recently, that being a wife requires a lot of prayer, fasting, and patients. I believe this 100%. If your a wife, or in a committed a relationship toward the aisle you know what I mean.

The Serenity Prayer ~~
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;

Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr

No comments:

Post a Comment