CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

May 27, 2009

It's Like Algebra...

Talking with one of my BFF's last night I came to this realization.

commitment
--------------- = marriage
love

I believe that this equates to a strong, understanding, not ever boastful version of marriage. You and your spouse or significant other have to come to some kind of understand on how you want your relationship to be and where you want it to go. This equation of sorts, is meant for the times when you need a little more than just love. What I mean by that is love is an emotion and we all know emotions can go up and down depending on our mood and sometimes they are not as strong as they were the day before. It's the commitment coupled with love and sometimes over love that brings you through the bumpy patches in the roller coaster ride.

You can have all the love in the world but with out commitment you have nothing.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I found your blog via 20something bloggers :) I think that quote at the end is right on. Healthy relationships need more than just feelings, they require commitment, especially when those lovey feelings aren't there at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And how strong is that love anyway with a lack of commitment?? Sigh. I hope when I am married that i can embody both...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And thanks for the friend request!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both for the comments. I greatly appreciate you reading and checking it out... please come again. No problem, on the add.

    ReplyDelete