CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

June 9, 2009

Young, Married, and on a Budget!

An amazing Barnes and Noble find... I was near the check out counter looking at the great quotable magnets they have and stumbled upon these cards by Lynn Gordon... 52 Great Cheap Dates. I was like a kid in a candy store when I saw this, my eyes got as big as a quarter and I had this cheesy smile on my face. James and I have been trying to find other things to do on date night besides the movies, dinner, bowling and the sunny day picnic.
I bought them only reading the front cover and the back. When I got home I opened the cellophane and read at least half of the cards with excitement. Noticing that some of them I had never even thought of or thinking it may be corney never brought it up in conversation as something to do... But it's funny how when you hear or read someone else doing it you automatically think its ok or cool.
On the front of each card is a cute drawing of the date and the back details the date. For example, All Aboard! has you and your spouse or significant other boarding a train and picking the destination spur of the moment. Only armed with a sweater and pinic for the train ride or when you arrive... Talk about being spontaneous...
Also in the 52 series is 52 Ways to Stay in Love Forever and 52 Really Romantic Dates. I havn't purchased these but I'm looking forward to these cards adding some extra fun... I'll update on the next date night and how it went with the use of the 52 series.

2 comments:

  1. My boyfriend and I constantly seek new ideas for date night, but usually end up just seeing a movie. I'm definitely going to look in my Barnes and Noble and see if this is in stock. Thank you for the idea! You have a wonderful, positive blog, and I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to hearing about these date nights!

    ReplyDelete